Friday, August 21, 2009

"The Boat That Rocked" Does Just That...


I was quite surprised when a friend described this film and I had no clue what he was talking about... It seems that half the world has watched this film (way back in April) and I haven't, and it's all b/c I'm apparently on the wrong half of the world... So please bear w/ me here if you're one of the lucky ones to have seen this in the theater...

The Boat That Rocked is about a band of "rogue DJs that captivated Britain" in the '60s while living/broadcasting on a boat in the North Sea... During this time the British government was opposed to anything that wasn't classical or jazz, and they did all they could to stop the new music from spreading and corrupting it's nation... This is the story of their fight...


It has a fantastic ensemble cast which includes:
  • Bill Nighy
  • Kenneth Branagh
  • Philip Seymour Hoffman
  • Nick Frost
  • Rhys Ifans
And for those of you who know the BBC series "The IT Crowd" you'll recognize both Chris O'Dowd AND Katherine Parkinson...

I highly recommend checking this out when it hits our shores this November 6th...

No comments:

Post a Comment